"Sansar®, Second Life®, Linden Lab®, SL™, Linden™, SLurl™ and WindLight®, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved.
No infringement is intended. Golden-Eagle-Estates.com is not affiliated with or sponsored by Linden Research."
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from the users of this website. By using this website and its services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
- “Golden Eagle Estates”, “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to Golden Eagle Estates and any agents authorized to act on behalf of Golden Eagle Estates.
- “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website service and accepting Golden Eagle Estates’s terms and conditions.
- “Website”, “Service”, “Website Service”, and “Community Service” refers to this website, and other related websites, mobile applications, virtual environments, and other social meeting spaces, which collectively form a single service and for which Golden Eagle Estates has direct control to administrate.
- “Personal Information” refers to any piece of data that is about you including, but not limited to, physical characteristics, financial, legal status, geolocation details, career and academic details, or any other details that are unique to you as an individual.
- “Personal identifiable information” refers to any piece of personal information that could be used by someone else to uniquely identify you or be used to imitate or impersonate you in a legal transaction.
- “User Content” refers to any material, including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visuals, that you submit to this service, for whatever purpose.
Who we are
Golden Eagle Estates is Rentals is a service company that mainly exist within the virtual game of SecondLife. This Privacy Statement refers to all our services regarding:
- our main domain golden-eagle-estates.com
- all its subdomains for example:
What personal data wè collect and why we collect it
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Not every domain used by Golden Eagle Estates has the same requirement for information collection and use. Further, as the Golden Eagle Estates domains function as a single service, some or all information collected in one domain area may be shared with another domain area depending on the users level of access and requirements for service enablement.
For example, personally identifiable information collected when purchasing a membership (http://shops.golden-eagle-estates.com) may be used to enable services within our professional membership portal (http://my.golden-eagle-estates.com) and library (http://golden-eagle-estates.com). The information may also be used to enable access to our Second Life community campus, LinkedIn communities, newsletters, and other features of the service.
The extent to which information collected will be used to enable services used will be outlined in your account profile and/or membership package. This information may be updated from time to time as new technologies become available and Golden Eagle Estates’s service offerings increase to include these new opportunities.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+
- Desktop Utilities such as Webex, Sococo, and Join.Me
- Communication utilities such as TeamSpeak, Skype, and Instant Messenger
- Gaming Platforms such as Second Life, World of Warcraft, Minecraft, and Eve Online
- Payment Gateways such as Paypal.
Collectively these websites and services form the secondary services for which Golden Eagle Estates performs a community management function but for which Golden Eagle Estates is not directly responsible for the operation or administration of.
It might be that while using our website our services we ask you to fill out a specific form such as a general contact information form or a support ticket form & etc. These forms are designed to collect only the necessary information to forfill their function for requesting informations or beeing able to support you in any other way, and keep imroving our services on the long terms. Any information requested and collected on these forms might be:
- your email adress
- your geolocation
- the submitted forms request or ticket content
Generally all informations collected in these submitted forms will be collected and analysed to:
- keep improving our specific services.
- beeing able to maintain and keep our website and services secure.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Due to certain laws and regulations we are obligated to ask your permissions for our website to use and storing locally cookies on your computer. Cookies are small is a files stored in a user’s web browser with small pieces of data, that stores some of your website preferences, and frequency of using certain web pages while that user is browsing trough our website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Who we share your data with
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
How we protect your data
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Golden Eagle Estates will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
Golden Eagle Estates’s services are not restricted to a single geographic area. Personal information that you publish on our website, or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in, and transferred between, any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Information that we collect and use to provide a service may be transferred to countries which do not have equivalent data protection laws.
Currently, most information collected and used is stored and processed within the European Union, however some third party services such as, SecondLife, OpenSimulator, CasperLet, and others may operate in other jurisdictions.
Golden Eagle Estates will provide information on services that are stored and processed outside the United States on a case by case basis unless otherwise noted in this policy. If a service is being provisioned as a shared resource, information on data storage and processing regions will be located on the main Golden Eagle Estates website under “Virtual Environments”. If a service is being provisioned on a temporary basis for a single event, the event details with identifying the region in which that event is happening.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential.
- Golden Eagle Estates Customer Support will never ask you for your password by any means.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Security Section.
Changes to this policy